Sunday, February 17, 2013

Video Two: "A Typical Day at Work"


This video is all about my job, and what I typically spend a lot of my time doing. I work at an animal boarding facility in Ann Arbor. That means when people go on a trip, they leave their animals with us, and I help take care of them. Even though it's a lot of manual labor, I love hanging out with animals all the time. It really is a type of therapy for me.

Anyway, to the video: the filming was the easiest part. Many animals get "playtimes," which means customers pay $6.00 extra for us to play with their animals. I just brought my camera along for the playtimes, and let the cuteness ensue. On Sundays, I work 7am-7pm, so I have a lot of time with the animals then.

The most time consuming part was choosing which clips to edit together, and making it match up with the song. The entire editing process took about 2.5 hours, but it was well worth it. I used one of my favorite songs,"With Arms Outreached" by Rilo Kiley, which made the video more heartwarming for me. It is definitely a feel good movie.

There were two problem that I encountered:
  • Being uncertain if I'm allowed to use pets in a video without asking their owner.
  • Inability to upload the video correctly to youtube the first few times.
Regarding using other people's pets, I decided that if I'm making the video for educational purposes and not for commercial use, I'm probably fine.

After a few tries of uploading the video to youtube, I realized what I was doing wrong: setting it on private when I imported it from imovie. I was worried because the video would never show up in my channel. When I went into "Video Manager," I realized what I was doing wrong, and fixed it all. Now the video is live on the web. Enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. I would love playing with dogs all day, I'm sure the owners won't mind showing off how adorable their pets are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks like an awesome job! I would love working with animals all day. I'm also sure owners wouldn't mind you showing their pets, especially since they're so adorable!

    ReplyDelete