Sunday, March 10, 2013

Response to "Sound Reporting"

CC Flickr Cyber-Photography
After reading the few chapters from "Sound Reporting," I feel extremely overwhelmed about our radio shows. Since everything I read about radio shows is almost completely new information, it is hard to keep track of the most important points to remember in order to produce a great radio show. It would be nice to have a page long bullet point list of the most important things to keep in mind when creating a radio show, because it seems almost impossible to remember to do everything at once. For example, it's not only writing the actual report that is hard, but also the editing. I think I have a good handle on the reporting, but the editing seems a bit harder. Unlike the video section, which was pretty much a free for all, because we got to make three videos about literally anything we want without necessarily telling a story in a specific way, radio shows have many more restrictions, and that's what I'm worried about. I wonder how much freedom we have with our radio shows, or if we should follow the rules of our reading as much as possible. I think going over the requirements in detail of our radio show assignments in class would help to clear a lot up.

No comments:

Post a Comment